cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need Firefox PiP Captions to be compatible with more sites.

MintMain21
Familiar face

I love all the upgrades to Firefox PiP over the past year, and one of my favorite additions are the caption support. Some major sites are supported, but other major sites aren't.

I'm not an expert on the underlying framework, but I know Firefox boasted about including compatibility for a few sites that remain incompatible to this day (HBO Max) while other sites I use daily are also incompatible (Invidious, Piped).

If anyone would like to share sites they know work with Firefox PiP Captions, sites which don't, and sites that should, be my guest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MintMain21
Familiar face

Using Firefox Beta (112), I find that captions seem to work fine on most sites now in PiP. If I encounter any more anomalies, I'll file a bug report on Bugzilla.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for kicking off this thread! Will also share with PiP team for more eyes and to see if there are any updates we can provide.

MintMain21
Familiar face

Here are some sites that I know work.

YouTube

Cloudtube

Netflix

Disney+

Sites that I know it does not work as of the most recent update include...

HBO Max

Invidious

Piped

Piped Material

Tubi

Paramount+

Peacock

Tubi is a weird one, as I could've sworn that worked before, but whatever.

Anonymous
Not applicable

MintMain21
Familiar face

Using Firefox Beta (112), I find that captions seem to work fine on most sites now in PiP. If I encounter any more anomalies, I'll file a bug report on Bugzilla.