cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasiralavi
Strollin' around

I've been a Firefox user for over 17 years now and it's been my default browser for a long time. I've got a lot of bookmarks and I feel it's time Fx gave it a good revamp. I use the keyword feature a lot to quickly open website that I bookmark frequently use.

Currently I need to bookmark a site, then go to the Bookmark Manager, find the bookmark, then add the bookmark.

It would be great to be able to add the Keyword function in Bookmark this Page (Ctrl+D) dialog itself. Probably just under the 'tags', this would make it super easy for those using the feature.

Another feature that would make bookmarking more intuitive wold be the ability to search folders (or Bookmark Location), also while bookmarking.

Here's a mockup:

jasiralavi_0-1704813126764.png

3 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

And for your second point, there are a couple similar ideas that have already been posted to Connect:

Bookmark search should show folders as well 

searching for a bookmark - show the folder where the existing bookmarks are found 

stroiman

I was about to suggest this myself.

I too use keywords heavily for frequently visited sites. Being able to set it when adding the bookmark would be super useful!