cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gero59
Strollin' around

When I search for bookmarks the search results only show the bookmarks.

But I would also like to see folders in the results.

E.g. I have a folder named "weather websites".

If I search for "weather", I would like to see this folder in the search results.

Then I could click on or expand that folder, to see all the bookmarks inside.

---

Related, but different to: https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/ideas/searching-for-a-bookmark-show-the-folder-where-the-existing/idi...

10 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

star1

Search option in 'Add bookmark' window to search for a specific folder

Search option in 'Add bookmark' window to search for a specific folder name where the bookmark can be added. Scrolling through the folders to select the right folder the bookmark to be added in is tedious.

kenatsun

Yes, please – I need this too!  I submitted this request as a question in the support forum.  That conversation is at:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1405114

YorgosX
Strollin' around

Yes! absolutely - this is a much needed option by me too and I guess everybody would appreciate this option !

"When I search for bookmarks the search results only show the bookmarks. But I would also like to see folders in the results"

JimmyFox

Searching bookmark folders would make my life so much more efficient -- please create this feature!

seanmcgu

There is a Firefox Extension which does this called "Bookmark Search Plus 2". After adding it, use CTRL+Q to quickly access it. My only gripe, and a small one at that, is that after bringing it up, you have to manually click in it's search area instead of it just letting you type your query after it comes up.

Mozilla, why in the heck do we need an extension to search our bookmarks for a folder name?

h7z3xgzaku
Making moves

Allow bookmark folders to show in search results of the Firefox bookmark manager / library.

Sometimes I find myself creating a duplicate/similar bookmark folder because I forgot the old one/s existed.

I think adding bookmark folders in search results would help users find bookmark folders or bookmarks they are looking for faster.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

(Note: similar ideas have been merged into this thread)

DugS
Making moves

Yes, please add the folder location. When I search I find the link OK but never know where it is stored to more easily find it again later or to better organize all my bookmarks; especially in the Library view.

JohnBoyTheGreat
Making moves

I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!

Mozilla, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add this!