cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimCarner
Making moves

Please make the add-on "I still don't care about cookies" available for Firefox for Android.

I previously requested this for the add-on "I don't care about cookies" (IDCAC), but the developer sold out several months back and sold the add-on to Avast. I don't trust Avast with my data, but thankfully a fork of this add-on has been created called "I still don't care about cookies" (ISDCAC) [bold mine]: https://github.com/OhMyGuus/I-Still-Dont-Care-About-Cookies

For someone like me who regularly deletes cookies, this add-on (ISDCAC) is extremely useful since I don't see cookie notifications, which makes browsing the web far less annoying than it would be otherwise.

Firefox for Windows supports the add-on "I still don't care about cookies" (ISDCAC), but not Firefox for Android. Can you please fix this?

I appreciate some people who are very stringent about privacy may not want to use such an add-on, but for people like me who are more concerned about usability than hardcore privacy, then this add-on is a great option.

10 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jeppie
Making moves

In firefox nightly mozilla haves his own cookie banner reduction feature. So that add-on is not really necessary for android. I don't know if this is already available in beta or release but what i know is that it doesn't work on all websites but i think that's the same story of your add-on. 

JimCarner
Making moves

@Jeppie Thanks, but I don't want to use Nightly because it's unstable by nature, and secondly by your own admission the Nightly cookie feature doesn't work on all websites.

"I don't care about cookies" (IDCAC) worked on the vast majority of sites I used and on the rare occasion when it didn't (maybe once or twice a week), there was an option to report a site that displayed a cookie notification.

Since I've been using the fork though called "I still don't care about cookies" (ISDCAC), I've not seen a single cookie notification on my laptop (Firefox on Windows 10), presumably because now there are far more eyes on the issue with the forked version of the add-on as opposed to previously (when it was just a sole developer AIUI). But if I DID see a cookie notification in ISDCAC I could report it the same as was possible before with IDCAC.

One other point, it was possible to add "I don't care about cookies" as a filter list in uBlock Origin using https://filterlists.com/. That never worked anywhere near as effectively as the IDCAC Firefox add-on though and it sounds like the Nightly cookie notification feature suffers from the same reduced effectiveness.

At least Firefox for Android supports uBlock Origin, but "I still don't care about cookies" would be an excellent complement to uBlock Origin, since ads and cookie notifications are both a major PITA (and a potential malware risk in the case of ads). uBlock Origin is far more than just an ad-blocker though.

As would bringing back about:config so that I can enable First-Party Isolation (or at the very least make First-Party Isolation an option in the Settings).

Fuchsia
Strollin' around

Until it gets added to Firefox for Android, you can always import https://www.i-dont-care-about-cookies.eu/abp/ into Ublock Origin. It won't have the full functionality of the browser add-on, but it will block many cookie prompts.

JimCarner
Making moves

@FuchsiaThanks, although I I tried that and using the IDCAC filter list in uBlock Origin is nowhere near as effective as the add-on. The Kiwi Browser on Android supports add-ons though.

JimCarner
Making moves

@Fuchsia I tried that but the IDCAC filter list in uBlock Origin is nowhere near as effective as the add-on. The Kiwi Browser supports Chrome add-ons though, including this one: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/i-still-dont-care-about-c/edibdbjcniadpccecjdfdjjppcpchdlm [which is a fork of IDCAC, because the IDCAC developer sold out and sold it to Avast].

dLeon
Strollin' around

Isn't FF have "Cookie banner reduction" in Settings now? Not arrive on FF Stable yet? I use FF Nightly.

TBH, I rarely see Cookie Notifications on work, I'm not from EU, so I can't testimony that setting effectiveness. uBlock0+default filters subs already hide most. I don't travel to random sites much.

JimCarner
Making moves

"TBH, I rarely see Cookie Notifications on work, I'm not from EU..."

Well doesn't that answer your question?

Cookie notifications are a huge PITA in Europe because of the totally incompetent way that the laws were implemented.

To be honest, I'd rather that the ePrivacy and GDPR legislation had never been drawn up in the first place.

Do they have any usefulness? Maybe they do (I don't know), but what I DO know is that being asked on every **bleep** site whether you agree to cookies is idiotic.

And especially for people like me who regularly delete cookies. The very cookies that are used to store my consent (or lack thereof) of using cookies. It's utterly retarded.

People who know that websites use cookies take measures to deal with them. And people who don't know that are none the wiser when informed that sites use cookies, so there is absolutely no point in informing them about cookies in the first place. Cookie notifications are a complete waste of time.

Status changed to: Delivered
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Updating the status of this request to 'Delivered' as the add-on is now available in Firefox for Android

Screen Shot 2024-01-04 at 12.34.38 PM.png

See also: Expand Add-on Compatibility in Firefox for Android. 

Thanks again for your participation and collaboration here on Mozilla Connect - we look forward to hearing more of your ideas to improve our products 🙌

Share your next great idea.