cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raft8670
Strollin' around

In Account Settings there should be a tick-box for enabling/disabling each account. There are times you want to disable (ie switch to offline) an account temporarily until, say, you fix a problem. Not being able to do so means you get annoying error messages. Even if you disable periodic checking and checking at startup, TB will still try to connect to the server if you select one of the account's folders. A switch would disable the account completely. Disabled accounts could appear greyed out, crossed out etc in the accounts/folders tree.

6 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

CCWulf
Making moves

Allow Thunderbird user to make an account 'dormant'

I have a couple of 'historical' email accounts that for institutional reasons I no longer have access to (expired logins, revoked permissions etc.) but I wish to keep the accounts in Thunderbird as they contain all the messages I received and sent, which are still important to have access to. However, 'Get Messages' tries to log in to ALL accounts and so every time I do this I get a couple of intrusive 'Failed Login' messages which I cannot do anything about.

It would be good if I could keep those 'historical' accounts but mark them so that Thunderbird will not try to log in to them. I don't think such a feature currently exists.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CCWulf there's a potentially related idea here: Enable/Disable account temporarily 

If this aligns with what you're looking for, we'll merge the two threads (and votes) to keep the conversation focused in one space.

Just let me know 🙌

CCWulf
Making moves

Hi @Jon, yup, that is exactly what I am thinking of. Please merge if you like, thanks! 😁

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

(Note: similar ideas have been merged into this thread)