cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malicious Behavior in Simplified Chinese Language Pack for Firefox.

DaneCarrizal
Making moves

Hello Mozilla Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring attention to a concerning issue that I recently encountered with the Simplified Chinese language pack for Firefox.

It has come to my attention that the language pack, which is intended to enhance the user experience, is exhibiting malicious behavior by unauthorizedly altering users' browser homepage settings (Related Discussions in Chinese ). Specifically, the default homepage is being modified to https://start.firefoxchina.cn/ without users' consent. This behavior raises serious security and privacy concerns, and I believe it is essential to address this issue promptly to protect the integrity of the Firefox browser.

As a Firefox user who values the open-source and community-driven nature of this browser, I find it crucial to report and resolve such incidents collaboratively. I kindly request that the Mozilla development team investigate this matter thoroughly and take the necessary steps to rectify the situation.

Here are some key details about the issue I encountered:

• Language Pack Affected: Simplified Chinese
  • Malicious Behavior: Unauthorized changes to the user's browser homepage settings
  • Impacted Users: Potentially all users who have installed the Simplified Chinese language pack

I urge the Mozilla community to prioritize this issue and work towards a swift resolution. If there are any additional details or logs needed from my end to assist in the investigation, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0