cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't bookmark, no dialogue box appears, or does with save grayed out

DM9712
Making moves

When I click on Bookmark Current Tab in the Bookmarks menu no dialogue box appears and it does not save it.  Command D etc. to the right of the menu items are grayed out.

When I right click on the tab and click on Bookmark Tab I do get a dialogue box, but Save is grayed out (i.e. not clickable).  I can only click on Cancel.

Clicking on the star in the address bar also does nothing.

Command D does nothing.

This is Firefox version 104.0.1 (64 bit), on a 2021 Macbook Pro running Mac OS 12.5.1 "Monterey".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jscher2000
Leader

This can indicate that a file has become corrupted, which is a very unfortunate situation. But as a first thing to try, do a normal shutdown and restart of your Mac to release file locks so that hopefully Firefox can bookmark again.

If that doesn't help, could you post this problem on the Mozilla Support site. They have a team of support volunteers to troubleshoot malfunctions with your currently installed version of Firefox, while this site is focused on idea submissions for future versions of Firefox (looking ahead anywhere from 8 weeks to many months). Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jscher2000
Leader

This can indicate that a file has become corrupted, which is a very unfortunate situation. But as a first thing to try, do a normal shutdown and restart of your Mac to release file locks so that hopefully Firefox can bookmark again.

If that doesn't help, could you post this problem on the Mozilla Support site. They have a team of support volunteers to troubleshoot malfunctions with your currently installed version of Firefox, while this site is focused on idea submissions for future versions of Firefox (looking ahead anywhere from 8 weeks to many months). Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ

Thanks, I'm posting it on the support site now.  I've also discovered I can't edit or remove bookmarks either.  Those processes look like they are working, but the changes are not saved.  I have shut down and restarted my Macbook many times since this started happening, so that doesn't work.  I bought my MacBook new at an Apple store 7 days ago.