cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the discussion here really a discussion?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mozilla employees have raised various discussions here, but they seem to be directing the discussion to their own convenience or otherwise ignoring the opinions. I don't consider those to be discussions. Such approachs will fail, as it will lead to community pushback after the feature is implemented, wasting resources and losing trust.

PS: I apologize that I was offensive because of my frustration and that I do not know how to mitigate it now.

9 REPLIES 9

Psycho
Making moves

I agree and I've posted before about (display the progress of ongoing downloads) and it is still there. This is the most aggravating thing ever, except that no one here is listening to the users. Why did you change it in the first place, because one of your team suggested it? And now they can't admit that they were wrong. Get off your ego trip. We don't like it. I've talked to my friends and they tell me that they don't like it and when I suggerst they report it to you guys you know what they say, "Why bother, they won't do anything about it.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't want to be a client of mozilla, but just a friend. However, I am frustrated that they do not live up to that friendship.

jscher2000
Leader

This "Discussions" section seems to be pretty general, and people seem to use it for whatever they feel like.

If you have a specific proposal for a feature change, you can use the "Ideas" section, which actually integrates with the product planning process.

If you have a support question, you can head over to Mozilla Support at https://support.mozilla.org/.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I already know that. Your pointless reply is not a discussion, it only deepens my suspicions.

@Anonymous wrote:

I already know that. Your pointless reply is not a discussion, it only deepens my suspicions.

Your suspicion is ... that others don't use the term "discussion" in the same way you do? Apparently you are correct on that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In other words, I have a suspicion that Mozilla has already decided what they want to do and are trying to make the community conform to it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many ideas are left with the status of In review or Exploring more, even though they have received numerous supports. This fact further deepens my suspicions.

sfink
Employee
Employee

I think you would need to better explain what you're addressing here in order for me, at least, to even be able to form an opinion on it. You could be saying any of a great many things. Some of those things would cause me to pay attention, others would make me ignore you. For example:

• are you talking about Ideas, Discussions, or both? (If both, it would be better to separate them. They have different purposes, and *should* be handled differently.)
  • do you think there should be community buy-in and/or agreement for all changes discussed here?
  • related, do you think Mozilla employees should give a justification if they diverge from the opinions of posters here?
  • are these specific discussions you are thinking of, or is everything being handled in a way you find problematic? Perhaps specific examples would be helpful, without anyone assuming that they comprehensively cover what's bothering you.
  • how can I tell the difference between what you're referring to and situations where Mozilla (or rather, the people working on an area) simply disagree, for whatever reason?

Wasting resources is a real concern, but any extreme can waste resources. Making sure everyone is happy with every change is one extreme. Ignoring or otherwise not getting the benefit of users who have solid reasons for an opinion is another. But balancing them would require something more specific to (meta-)discuss.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand what you are saying, but it is not easy to do. Although now that I know your opinion, we are one step closer to each other. So please don't narrow the entrance to the discussion.