cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Winterbolt
Making moves

There are many cathegories to filter addons at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/extensions/

However no option to sort by popularity.

A popularity filter to list firefox addons would be a great feature.

5 Comments
Winterbolt
Making moves

Bump

Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Winterbolt
Making moves

How does the voting work, someone has to kudo/like the idea by manually interacting with the thread?

Is this thread where the voting happens? Seems pretty dead to me.

Isnt there a process where a selected group of people aka community manager looks over the ideas people have submitted and decide which ones should be considered going to to the final selection?

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Winterbolt a kudos (or thumbs up) equals a vote. So other community members can vote by clicking the 👍 button on the main post in this thread. The ideas with the most votes are regularly shared with internal teams here at Mozilla — there's more info in The Idea Journey 

Also, Product Managers & Engineers regularly look at ideas...which is why it's important to apply the appropriate labels to each idea (makes them easier to find and ultimately get in front of the right teams).

Winterbolt
Making moves

Alright thanks for explaining things to me.

Well so far my idea to create a cathegorie on the mozilla addons packge to filter extensions by "most popular / most downloaded" has only two upvotes, that's absolutely nothing.
However i insist that the idea is good in itself, there's nothing negative about this.

It would be great to see this cathegorie added someday in the not to faar future, ultimately i believe the internal firefox team should be qualified to make these types of decisions rather than strangers upvoting this idea.