cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top menu should be top menu again; and a proposal for a new function <Empty trash of all accounts>

User4711
Making moves

Hello,

I'm using Thunderbird V. 115.1.0 (= Supernova?) on a Linux system and was astonished about the strange top menu layout. I would like to suggest, to make the top menu the top menu again (see attachment).

And I have a proposal for a new function <Empty trash of all accounts> additionally to <Empty trash> under Main Menu -> File.

Thanks!

PS: Product and attachment were gone after editing the post. Bug or feature?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5

CondoGhost
Making moves

OMG! A wonder! Now everything will be fine… 🙂

Thank you.

Excellent!!!! It worked. Thank you very much

Paul.

What a pain in the neck!  Why is this not built in?

TimieMilie
Making moves

Hi,

I just wanted to start by saying a big thank you for all the effort the team puts into developing and supporting Thunderbird. Without you we'd all have to use Outlook and that's not something any of us want.

...but, the recent major UI changes are not great (in my opinion). The fact that they are imposed by default is event worse (poor HCI practice - i.e. more than opinion). I would have preferred an option to 'try the new UI' - with an easy restore.

I've just spent a long time helping my elderly parents who were totally lost with the new changes. It's great that we can restore the menu bar, but crazy that it's below the tool bar. It also doesn't match the (more normal and better - in my opinion) approach in the compose window.