Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,169 REPLIES 3,169

nanani
Making moves

Absolutely not. If you put AI into Firefox, I will stick to the last version before it and stop telling anyone to use Firefox. Do not destroy yourselves as the last safe browser for people who want to maintain control over their Internet use.
NO AI. Not now, not ever.

glitter_punk
Making moves

please no

shrimpisbugs
Making moves

oh absolutely not

BW1
Making moves

No thank you. I've yet to see anything reliable or useful from generative AI / spicy autocomplete, and it uses way too much energy.

Floof
Making moves

Please no. Do not contaminate the last few bastions of the internet with AI. No one needs it, it doesn't solve anything, it only destroys the environment more, if a person needs a code checker pre-existing services and tools are available which are also not AI driven. 

JudgeBeef
Making moves

AI in this context can be dangerous and violate people's privacy. And privacy is the whole point I use Firefox now. Plus it'll impact the performance of the browser, even if its not enabled. Do NOT implement an AI "assistant" or any garbage like that.

arf
Making moves

No, thanks. (Stupid) AI like this is bad for the environment, and integrating it is another tech debt you have to care about, where the available resources doesn’t go into the useful, actual thing (web browser functionality).

Neineon77
Making moves

Hey so I know it's probably been mentioned by other people in this thread but LLMs generally can just lie, they have no context for what they're saying and can very easily spread misinformation and as someone who works on websites I also know they're pretty notorious for scraping sites so quickly that they ruin the performance for actual people on them.

There is also a huge environmental concern as these models generally use too much energy (last I heard every query to a chatbot is basically the equivalent of pouring 20oz of water down the drain) which at the scale of a browser's userbase can cause a huge impact.

I also think it destroys trust for short term financial gains.

miatheguest
Making moves

I like Firefox specifically because it didn't have features like this. No thankyou.

Vettir
Making moves

Let us stop using **bleep**ty LLM things. We do not need them. The only things LLMs are good for are very niche. Let us do other things.

Faaln
Making moves

Nobody asked for this. This is a web browser with extensions, make it an optional extension. Integrating this in the browser is a betrayal.

SexyUndead
Making moves

**bleep** off with this **bleep**, the last thing I want is more AI bull**bleep**. I will absolutely drop your sorry ass app for this.

Strawbebby
Making moves

Please G-d no

signalledSeven
Making moves

please don't, i'll accept a lot of weird stuff but definitely not wholesale integration of ai into the main browser i use

it seems like a bubble, anyways, and the development time might be better spent elsewhere

briannons
Making moves

this is a terrible idea, please don't. AI doesn't belong in a browser, just stop it.

Mills
Making moves

I switched to Firefox to get away from this worthless slop being crapped into Chrome, and I will gladly find a new browser if you insist on shoving this bloatware into a perfectly good browser.

Katysha
Making moves

No pls

MaddieBIRDZ
Making moves

Here's the feedback: Don't integrate AI. We don't want it. It's wasteful, privacy-violating, pointless, actively detrimental to user experience, and Stupid As **bleep**. We do not want it, do not do it. It will not make you a more competitive browser. The reason you're competitive at all is because you're an alternative to **bleep** like this on Basically Every Other Browser. Focus up and don't do AI. 

lucius-q-user
Making moves

This is not a feature that should ever be integrated into core firefox code. The purpose of the browser is to display the web page as the author intended, not replace it with machine-generated slop. And if there really is a demand for slop, extensions are a thing, such potential user can easily install their favorite slop provider. In fact, on the topic of extensions, if you are really doing this in response to "user" demand, why not integrate an adblocker into the browser instead, the AMO download stats do show that there is actual demand for that feature.

henalie
Making moves

please don't do this

JamesC94
Making moves

Please do not add AI integration to Firefox: the technology doesn't have nearly enough sophistication to be useful as a browser tool or service at this point in time, as can be seen with Google's attempts to provide search result summaries to its users.

paulshryock
Making moves

Please don't.

Artiom4ik
Making moves

With all due respect, I have seen AI used in many apps and on many websites where it simply has no proper use. I know full well that this is optional, but I don't feel like AI would enhance my browsing experience, and the same may be true for others in this thread, too.

CarollaCalyxo
Making moves

No, thank you. I do not need AI integration I to my browser. If it is added anyways, I will need to be able to easily turn off the feature and opt out of my data being used for any AI training. 

sher1bot
Making moves

Do Not Add This To Firefox I Will Literally Stop Using It Forever If You Pull This Nonsense.

ToillingMadman
Making moves

Hello, please do not implement AI into Firefox, even if it was optional, I feel it would tarnish Firefoxs’ image as a reliable and reputable web browser. Just keep doing the good work y’all are doing, we appreciate that more than having faulty AI ‘tech’ pushed down our throats.

✲゚。.(✿╹◡╹)ノ☆.。₀:*゚✲゚*:₀。

dispatchrabbi
Making moves

Please do not do this. Everywhere else is shoving AI in our faces; I do not want it directly in the program I use to interface with the internet. If others want to use AI in this way, let them add an extension. Firefox is a browser, and adding AI does not further its cause as a browser.

Resist this fad. Firefox did not need crypto integration and it does not need AI integration.

theo80
Making moves

The disclaimer at the bottom is wrong; it says "Generated content may be inaccurate or false", which is misleading. It should say "Any accuracy in output is purely coincidental. Check every word of output. Read the source material three times before trusting output. Then check output again. Do not use for anything even slightly important." The disclaimer font is also too small, and it should probably have a popup that repeats it.

woomy
Making moves

Respectfully, do we need the 500th iteration of ChatGPT bloating up perfectly good engines? These models need to be fed so much content to learn that they have to eat their own regurgitation and these LLMs/art generators are going to become useless.

antiphasis
Making moves

Plain and simple - No, i don't want any AI in the browser.
IMHO there's no need to jump on the bandwaggon. There's absolutely no need for this resource wasting guessing parrot stuff at all.

heir
Making moves

I dont think adding ai to Firefox is a good move, i think most the user base uses it exactly because it has no annoying ai integrated into it wich feeds you missinformation

dsmeets
Making moves

Please, I do not wish to see LLM integration in my browser.

I believe most people who use Firefox are doing so because they want a secure alternative to the Chrome ecosystem. For a considerable amount of us, it is out of privacy and ethical concerns.

There are many ethical concerns when it comes to LLMs. There are also non-trivial privacy issues.

Please do not go down this path, Mozilla, this weakens the trust users have in you.

theothertom
Making moves

Thanks for this - it’s the push I needed to look properly at finding a new browser. 

8bitmoon
Making moves

AI is a fad and a complete waste of time and resources. Firefox has been doing and will be doing just fine without it.

glowyboi_ezra
Making moves

PLEASE dont add ai. One of the reasons firefox is so comfortable is because there is no ai in the searchbar. AI has been shown to be unreliable in its datascraping, as well as using user's information and spreading misinformation. DONT ADD AI TO FIREFOX

wishfuldeity
Making moves

please just dont.

mattjhayes
Making moves

Please do not add AI into Firefox. Keep it simple - just focus on maintaining a fast and secure browser. Adding "AI" is unnecessary cruft...

Este
Making moves

If this is the direction, time to move away from firefox. Shame for those plugins I have learned to love. But Sometimes people must make sacrifices for greater good. And you have made so many bad decisions recently.

I still remember time when firefox market share was about 30%... Then it became too bloated, and lighter browser ate all that market share away (there is some irony here). BTW, When I started to use Fx, it was still called Phoenix.

It's been fun and long ride, so thank you for that. Plugin you could uninstall I could have accepted, but not this crap. I'll bet Fx goes below 2,5% within a year. After all, Fx isn't anymore actually mainstream browser, but for more conscious users, who don't appreciate these kind of underminings. Shame there soon is practically just one browser engine. You could have been the unbloated privacy friendly browser.

asjl
Making moves

I don't want this built in to my browser. I might as well go back to Chrome when you do.

So long  and thanks for all the fish.

slowpokedragon
Making moves

NO GODDAMN AI! i swear to god if this is the direction firefox is going im gonna switch to linux. jesus **bleep**ing christ. youre gonna lose a **bleep**load of users this way! what is WRONG with your executives? all they see is the hypothetical money signs and ignore their actual customers, users, and clients going "no, we do not want this!"