cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after updating the video is not full screen, there are frames

dmitrik
Making moves

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thanks, it works. But I would like the developers to fix the bug. it's still a problem. I hope it will be fixed in the next version.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

DavidGothberg
Making moves

✔️Problem has been fixed. Update your browser (to version 113.0.1) and the problem will be gone. Thanks Mozilla team, that was quick!

My old message:

Same for me. I updated to Firefox 113.0 today (on Windows 7, 32-bit), and when I view videos in "full screen" on any site the video is not full screen any more, there is some space left over on the left, right, and bottom sides. If Firefox is in a window then I see a white frame around the "full screen" video. If Firefox itself is maximised then I see the webpage that is behind the "full screen". I tried on several different sites that use different video showing systems, I get the same error everywhere. And I tried in many different screen resolutions, it still happens. For instance at 1024x768 resolution, the "viewport" reported in the players is 1008x760. (Yes, I use an old CRT screen.) And I have done a full reboot of my computer since I updated Firefox.

If I press F11 to run Firefox in full screen mode (or click the full screen button, or select full screen in the menus), then I get the same bug even when not viewing a video. That is, I see the webpage in not quite full screen and I see the same webpage "behind" it in the margins.

Keyboard-left_keys.jpgLater edit: I now read Mozilla's bug track about this issue. They will release a fixed version of Firefox in some days.

Until then: Here is a temporary fix that we can use to get rid of the full screen margins: While in full screen (viewing a video or a web page (pressed F11) ) : Switch to the Windows desktop (press alt+tab or win+tab one or more times), then switch back to Firefox and the margins are mostly gone. (Just a little margin remains on top sometimes). If you have a Windows gadget running, then don't switch back by using alt+tab or win+tab since then the gadget ends up in front of Firefox, instead switch back by clicking Firefox in the taskbar.

Thanks Jon for the link to the bug tracker and Xuiser for the "switch to desktop" fix and Igor for pointing out that win+tab also works.

Windows 8.1 same problem

can confirm, same problem, win7

Same here, too.  After years of using Firefox, my video viewing on Netflix, ITVX, YouTube and Amazon Video is now being ruined by this border.  Firefox need to fix this pronto, or I'll find another browser.

Under Windows 7 it is easier to use keyboard shortcut Win+↑ in such situations.

thanks, it works. But I would like the developers to fix the bug. it's still a problem. I hope it will be fixed in the next version.

Yes, the developers have already found the problem and corrected it. The fix has been added to the next version of Firefox (113.0.1) that will be released some days from now.

Thanks for that.  Yes, it works.  I wish I'd known that before doing a System Restore!  I didn't even know it was a Firefox update problem until I realised it wasn't happening on other browsers.  At least they're sorting it.

SanbikiNoKaeru
Making moves

Same problem here.

Islanxi
Making moves

Same here... I've tried to rollback with the installation of a previous update, firefox then forced this new one again even though I had manual confirmation checked. I've lost my profile ("allow downgrade" didn't work very well for me) and have spent a fair amount of time in creating a new one just to end up with the same issue again.

In desperation, I tried a System Restore on my PC.  Took it to a restore point only 7 weeks ago, when everything was fine.  Not added anything since.  After that, I was logged out of my Firefox account and had to reset it - which meant that I lost all my Bookmarks, Passwords... everything!  I've just spent hours having to renew passwords, etc.  Same problem with the Firefox update, too.  I've had enough.  Going to ditch it for another browser - which is a shame, as I've been with Firefox from the beginning.

MartianTom
Making moves

Are you listening, Mozilla?

Kukura
Making moves

i have been having problem in fullscreen scaling on videos in mozilla but its working fine with other search engines and local files in my pc.

Lots of people are having the same issue since the 113 update.  I got mine on 10th May and now cannot view a video on full screen without the border around it.

Juszcz
Making moves

Same problem here win7 and last update broke full screen there are frames... I try at all platform twitch, yt, netflix ect... Try others browsers and full screen work perfect, pls help 😞

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey all,

Sorry to hear about this! Our teams are working on resolving it right away - feel free to track the work here. And remember, per the Community Guidelines , to visit Mozilla Support for help with any technical or performance related issues.

Thank you

gopro
Making moves

hi everyone there is a problem when you get in fullscreen on youtube for example it show a background around the border of screen i hope that issue getting  fixed soon ,thanks

mee too please fixed it

The developers have found the problem and corrected it. The fix has been added to the next version of Firefox (113.0.1) that will be released some days from now. See my longer message at the top for a temporary fix you can use until the new version is released.

sydyney
Making moves

Thank you very mutch for the quick fixed

Juszcz
Making moves

Problem solved thx a lot!