cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvements and changes within Firefox for iOS

silvs
Making moves

Hello, today I come here to give my suggestions for Firefox for iOS. I'm trying to increase my integration between iPhone and windows more and more and this time I'm using firefox for this but some features leave something to be desired in the iphone application.

1. Application Design. The app even trying to follow the iOS design pattern still has a poorly finished and sometimes even amateurish design within the menus and on the home screen. My suggestion would be to do a better refinement within the menus and the interface, try to press and hold a link, an ugly design is displayed that is not consistent with iOS nor with the firefox standard for Windows.
2. The Send link to device button is hidden in the menu. A button so crucial to the integration is not visible and well positioned within the App, this button should have a special place within the bottom bar or by tapping and holding on the address bar.
3. The app icon itself is ugly. I've always thought it unnecessary to have some icon options within an application but using Firefox for iOS I realize it's necessary, the black background behind the icon is unpleasant to the eyes when the interface is in clear mode, we should have two options or more backgrounds for the icon and even more designs maybe from the firefox icon itself.
4. Home Screen has few customization options. There are only 6 background photo options to customize the home screen, it should have a simple option to put a personalized photo.
5. Translation of pages. Within firefox for iOS we don't find translation options for a web page, forcing us users to go back to safari to see the translated page.
6. Saved firefox passwords are not used to automatically fill in the login fields within the Application, this case is very serious as it compromises the integration between PC and cell phone, since within the Edge application for iOS I already found the suggestion to autocomplete with passwords saved inside Edge.
New Siri and Apps shortcuts to be able to quickly send the link to firefox windows within the system's sharing screen, this would make several moments much easier in addition to allowing an even greater sense of integration and ecosystem.

If you totally or partially agree with my suggestions, don't forget to like 👍 my comment to allow it to reach mozilla. Dreaming of apple allowing the use of Gecko within the browser for iOS. 🦊🌎

versão original em português.

Olá, hoje venho aqui dar minhas sugestõe para o Firefox para Ios. Eu estou tentando aumentar cada vez mais minha integração entre Iphone e windows e dessa vez estou usando o firefox para isto mas alguns recursos deixam a desejar no aplicativo para iphone.

1. Design do Aplicativo. O app mesmo tentando seguir o padrão de design do iOS ainda continua tendo um design mal acabado e as vezes até amador dentro dos menus e na tela inicial. Minha sugestão seria fazer um melhor refinamento dentro dos menus e na interface, experimente apertar e segurar algum link, é exibido um design feio não condizente com o iOS e nem com o padrão do firefox para Windows.
2. O botão de Enviar link para dispositivo fica escondido no menu. Um botão tão crucial para a integração não fica visível e bem posicionado dentro do Aplicativo, este botão deveria ter um local especial dentro da barra inferior ou tocando e segurando na barra de endereços.
3. O ícone do próprio aplicativo é feio. Eu sempre achei desnecessário ter algumas opções de ícones dentro de um aplicativo mas usando o Firefox para o iOS eu percebo que é necessário, o fundo preto atrás do ícone desagrada aos olhos quando a interface esta em modo claro, deveriamos ter duas opções ou mais de fundos para o ícone e até de mais designs quem sabe do próprio ícone do firefox.
4. A Tela inicial tem poucas opções de personalização. São apenas 6 opções de foto de fundo para personalizar a tela inicial, deveria ter uma simples opção de colocar uma foto personalizada.
5. Tradução de páginas. Dentro do firefox para iOS não encontramos opções de tradução para uma página da web, obrigando nós usuários a voltarmos para o safari para ver a página traduzida.
6. Senhas salvas do firefox não são usadas para preencher automaticamente os campos de login dentro do Aplicativo, este caso é muito sério pois compromete a integração entre PC e celular, visto que dentro do aplicativo do Edge para iOS já encontrei a sugestão de autocompletar com a senhas salvas dentro do Edge.
Novos atalhos da siri e do Apps shortcuts para poder enviar de forma rápida dentro da tela de compartilhamento do sistema o link para o firefox windows, isto facilitaria muito vários momentos além de permitir uma sensação de integração e ecossistema maior ainda.

Se você concorda com minhas sugestão totalmente ou parcialmente não esqueca de curtir 👍 meu comentário para permitir que o mesmo alcance a mozilla. Sonhando com a apple permitir o uso do Gecko dentro do navegador para iOS. 🦊🌎

3 REPLIES 3

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @silvs, thanks for submitting this feedback and sharing these ideas! Excited to see how the conversation progresses. Just a quick heads up, we're moving it to the Discussions board since there are multiple requests in the post. If you want to submit these as Ideas and start them on The Idea Journey, please remember the Ideas Guidelines - especially...

One idea per post.

This keeps the conversation (and voting) focused on a specific request and helps each idea get the proper attention from other community members and ultimately the internal teams here at Mozilla.

We also created this guide to submitting an idea.

Hope this helps!

silvs
Making moves

Can I repost each topic already written in the ideas then?

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yea that works! And remember to search first, in case there's a similar idea already that's already been posted. For example, Translate in iOS