cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mformby

The fact that there is no way to translate automatically in iOS puts Firefox way behind Edge, Safari, and Chrome on the iOS platform. I was excited to switch to Firefox but this vital missing feature will keep me or anyone else who lives outside of the English speaking world from using Firefox as their mobile browser. Cutting the URL into google.translate.com is no substitute at all for the ability to translate from within the app.

23 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

MarceloMB

Same here. I was excited to use firefox… but idk if I will

m02e874

whats causing the scaling down of functionality? is it apple?

mai-sasaki
Strollin' around

I would like this feature. As someone who is an immigrant to a country who do not use my native language, Firefox Mobile translation is a daily driver.

IV

100% we need this feature! I’m tired to switch to Chrome when I need to translate some pages.

George

Yes, that is the main feature I really miss out

Ethos

It’s interesting that firefox didn’t consider this feature whereas most mobile browsers come with this feature by default.

Kagezod

I support, I want to use this browser, but the absence of this small detail greatly interferes. Often you want to read an article, a forum or a book in a foreign language and go through another browser to translate the page. I even write this message in chrome, although I went to the site through firefox. I was very surprised when I did not find it among the addons with the translation function.

bon_voyage12

This is very important feature missing in Firefox. I think that It should not be so difficult to bring bergamot to iOS. 

Cobra
Making moves

It would be very handy, I mean Edge, Safari, Chrome, and Yandex all already have this so it'll be nice to have it in iOS Firefox too.