cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 130.0.1 unexpected crash

Azdrew
Making moves

Since this version, Firefox crash randomly, but without an report error or something.. simply unexpected close like how you manually close the browser.. and when i open again, take over the websites i have been last time on. And this happened everytime once with v130.0.1.

Does anyone have met with this problem too?

33 REPLIES 33

Ervael
Making moves

Hello,

Same for me, i've randoms crashs with this version and the same behavior, excepted i've the crash reports on my side. I've tried to clean the cache just in case but that has changed nothing as i thought.

chancemedley
Making moves

I'm having the exact same problem in addition to pages taking forever to load or only loading halfway. My Chrome works fine in comparison, so it's not my Internet. When I've had crashes in the past, I've usually been able to deduce what the issue was (e.g. memory-heavy tab among a bunch of other tabs, broken extension, etc.). Now I have no idea because it's so random.

Koffiato
Making moves

Same here. Since I got updated to 130.0.1, browser has memory leaks. It's also very slow to open and even slower to load webpages. This version shouldn't be "Stable" release...

Ervael
Making moves

To give an update i've no longer the issue without have changed anything for 2 days. Maybe something server related?

HalfDeathShadow
Making moves

I have the same problem. During 2 days I had 4 or 5 crashes. Also Youtube works terrible. Almost every time video stops after 30-60s. Also wideo quality is swithing into 140p.

Edit: I am using Win11, ublock and ghostery but it doen't seem to be problem.

Same issue.  Ever since this upgrade to the current version, Firebox crashes 4 to 8 times per day.  Firefox has been stable for 2 or more years and now it crashes all the time, running videos is so slow You tube or others.  Lots of my windows won't open.  About ready to switch to another browser.

RayneYoruka
Making moves

Same, I get lots of tab crashes specially with video or any tab really, crashing the whole browser at times. It's been pretty bad

Ervael
Making moves

I've talked to fast i've had a crash again today but it's the first one since the 19th.

Doubledip
Making moves

same problem and i watch alot of youtube

RayneYoruka
Making moves

Same I watch a lot of youtube and twitch and it's almost impossible now, every time a tab crashes it also crashes discord, I've tried unloading tabs to keep it simple but no luck. I have this same issue in another machine, both runnning windows 10 up to date

mattspawn1975
Making moves

I'm having the same problem on my wife's computer. Can rarely make it through a YouTube vid. It has been going on for 2 days now (starting 9/28/24) despite the last browser update being on 9/19/24. I cannot yet confirm if the problem persists while browsing only. I have disabled add-ons with no improvement. I have submitted multiple crash reports successfully on that computer.

mattspawn1975
Making moves

....and now a system restart on my computer has instantiated the crashing on mine. Now my wife doesn't have to crash alone. 🙄 Hope you're getting this Mozilla...

it's extremely strange, this is what was happening to me which it led to me disabling the XMP on one of my computers to make sure it wasn't my memory ram but nope. it's just firefox. extremely strange really

I start thinking similarly at first. I usually reign myself in though because time has more-often-than not proven it to be an update issue. All these companies forcing rapid updates and making the community the beta testers has made this more true than ever these days.

kalenrivers
Making moves

yep me too

Atksuperlight
Making moves

I am getting random crashing of Firefox now. Wasn't like this before. I did just update the Bios for my motherboard X570 Chrosshair VIII Hero bios 4902 before I started experiencing this. Is it just a coincidence? I wonder. Is every one else with AMD cpus having firefox crashing or is intel users experiencing this too?

I'm on Intel on my side and my motherboard is a MSI. My first guess actually is an issue with 130.0.1 because that has started with it, before it was fine.

Atksuperlight
Making moves

I was experiencing Firefox taking up almost all of my RAM usage(32GB of RAM) if I leave it open watching a twitch stream. Doesn't seem to happen anymore so instead it crashes maybe? Just a theory.

rmacfarl
Making moves

Also getting random crashes and also experiencing recurring issues with Facebook pages not loading correctly and needing to be reloaded, sometimes followed by a Firefox crash. Both issues only started happening in the past few days since Firefox was updated. I refreshed my Firefox install in the last hour but immediately experienced the same FB issue.

Still happening on my laptop several times a day, using Facebook, Mastodon, YouTube etc. Browser is becoming unusable. Have the developers even acknowledged the issue?

Aikanaro
Making moves

I've also started to experience random crashes. At the begining it was just tabs that/firefox crashing. Now I even experience random BSOD.

Ilias
Making moves

same problem here, regarding this version..crashes frequently in websites, no good performance with Outlook email...it seems to be the worst version of Firefox....please update it and fix it ASAP...newer version necessary.

TabbyCat
Making moves

Yes!For me it started about 28 hours ago. I've spent most of the day checking settings, router, Windows 11 updates, Mozilla notes and nothing has helped. I have one pinned tab and just 3 open tabs and everything is very slow, YouTube is buffering constantly and stops after about 18 seconds and takes minutes to get going again. It also has switched quality to auto at 144p instead of the usual 1080 HD. As far as I recall, I installed the latest v130.0.1 about 18 hours before the trouble started. I think the only remedy will be another update.

Really grim.

Alvinerius
Making moves

I'm also experiencing random crashes since 3 days ago, specially when watching videos.

Firefox version 130.0.1 (64-bit) running on Windows 10.

LisOtter
Making moves

Also been experiencing this over past 36hrs, constantly. Ran loads of scans, updates, cleanups and disabled add-ons, nothing works. Any page with video is a no go, sending crash reports constantly. Is Mozilla doing anything about this...Have they acknowledged this? Are they addressing the issue?

pepewu
Making moves

The browser in this version is almost unusable for me - tabs crashes randomly every now and then, mostly on youtube, but also on any other page. I am using Firefox since 1.0 and it was never this bad.

pjc87guy
Making moves

The app bar image of firefox on mine is now neverending flow even when nothing is loading, so something is happening in the background that shouldn't be happening. Perhaps that is what everybody is experiencing and why some are crashing. I have 48GB of ram and it is using 20% of that or almost 10gbs which would slow down or stop many systems. Mozilla, are you listening? This is th 130.1 version.

I've experienced this before the crashes, high ram usage or just part of the browser crashed having to fully close it for the browser to start working again

chris0991
Making moves

I’ve been experiencing similar random crashes with Firefox since version 130.0.1, and it’s frustrating! It just closes unexpectedly without any error message. I hope there’s a fix soon. On a different note, I recently discovered Top Follow Apk Unlimited Coins, which have been great for boosting engagement on social media. It’s interesting how tech issues can pop up while exploring new apps!

SPH23
Making moves

I am so tired of 5 to 10 crashes in 2 hours.  Very tired.  For the past 3 years never had a crash and now, its driving me up the wall.

Aikanaro
Making moves

Firefox updated to 131.0. Somehow random crashes of FF or tabs are yet to appear but still got a BSOD out of nowhere.

Nick_Kolowski
Making moves

Getting tons of crashes since 131.0. And the error reporting fails too. I did see someone saying Avast could be causing this, and I do in fact use Avast. I'm not sure I'm comfortable just disabling Avast and raw-dogging the internet.

Get rid of avast. It's crap. Get bitdefender or kaspersky. Currently best on the market, atleast for the regular consumer.