cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in using the correct style sheet.

robkalmeijer
Making moves

When using multiple sub domains the browser doese not use the style sheet from de sub domain thats is showing.

kzod.robkalmeijer.nl show styles that belong to www.robkalmeijer.nl. This is a problem when I use the www subdomain first and than kzod. Both use the same framwork. It looks like firefox chached the stylesheet without conserning subdomais with different stylesheets. Egde show what it should be.

3 REPLIES 3

jscher2000
Leader

If it is a cache issue -- which certainly is possible if the style sheets have the identical address but seems unlikely if they have different addresses -- does reloading the page bypassing the cache work around it? Either:

• Shift+click the Reload button
  • Ctrl+Shift+R (on Mac: Command+Shift+R)
  • Ctrl+F5

If that doesn't make any difference, you could check the Web Console (Ctrl+Shift+K, on Mac: Command+Alt+K) to see whether Firefox mentions blocking the file or some other issue.

robkalmeijer
Making moves

The shift reload worked.

The stylesheet is cached in firefox and is not reloaded when the html page is reloaded.

I have earlier noticed that changes in the stylesheet was not shown after reloading. I thougth I made a coding error, but later its starts working.

I think this is a bug.

Yes, style sheets are very sticky in the cache starting in Firefox 79. In normal life, it's not a problem, but when you are actively making changes and reloading to see the results, it is frustrating. Two years ago, I actually created an add-on for developers who wanted to prevent caching style sheets on their sites: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/no-cache-no-store-for-css/

More generally, you can work around it using anti-caching techniques (e.g., sending a no-store header with the file, or adding a fresh ?timecode to the URL, etc.).