cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser tweaks.

cassibox
Making moves

Hi! I'm having trouble viewing some website ICONS. Even having the icon here in the browser does not appear. Taking the opportunity, I would like to suggest that we could increase the height of the bar to include more shortcuts to favorites and the possibility of coloring the organization folders and replacing them with other icons for better organization. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for this feedback, @cassibox! Some similar ideas have been posted in the community:

Allow resizing of the UI 

Option to choose the color of bookmark folders 

Be able to change icons for bookmarks 

Feel free to jump in those threads, upvote, and add your thoughts. This will help them each get the proper attention and nudge them along in The Idea Journey 

jscher2000
Leader

@cassibox wrote:

Hi! I'm having trouble viewing some website ICONS. Even having the icon here in the browser does not appear.!

Do you mean on the Bookmarks Toolbar, on the tab, or within the page itself?

The code for bookmark icons appears to favor smaller and older formats, while sites are trending toward larger and newer formats. This is one possible reason that a site icon will appear on the tab but not with the bookmark. Another reason is if a site forbids Firefox from caching an image file, it won't be saved as a bookmark icon. I'm sure there are other reasons, but I don't know whether there is a catalog of them (or whether anyone is working on them).