cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DoctorSnakes

I am not alone in wanting to manipulate settings in about:config without going there (#1, #2). I understand that there are security risks with allowing this in add-ons, so could we instead get a new tool for the toolbar which we can customize to easily toggle this?

For example, I want to be able to quickly toggle the full-screen-api.ignore-widgets setting which changes how the full screen feature works (when turned on, the full screen only encompasses the Firefox window). If this suggestion were to come to fruition, then I would be able to conveniently do this and quickly customize my user experience to my liking.

2 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Alternative2211
Strollin' around

Wow, what a coincidence, I created a similar idea right after you, literally 39 minutes.
If I hadn't started posting another idea first (also for a friendlier about:config) I would have been faster than you 😛

I kudo this. There are a lot of such tweaks in the about:config that deserve a place in Firefox' settings or like you proposed even a dedicated toolbar icon.