- When the "Find in page" bar is visible, the user is unable to scroll to reveal the URL bar.
- User expectations are that the URL bar will show after a hard swipe.
- If the user has the URL bar at top, the user is focused on the expected URL bar, but isn't paying any attention to the Find bar.
- User doesn't remember the Find bar, so doesn't use the X to close it. This is the equivalent to "well, remember to use the feature!"
- Leaving the URL bar open doesn't work, because Find hides it.
Ideas for modification of the "find" bar:
- Flash Find bar when user attempts to show the URL bar (when a swipe occurs which meets the threshold of a swipe, but the Find bar is visible).
- Slide Find bar out of view when user scrolls, perhaps leaving behind a small tab to indicate Find is active.
- Style Find bar so that it doesn't blend into the bottom, operating system bar.