cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joezim0087

If you're in the Style Editor dev tool, if you try to search for anything via Ctrl+F and hit Enter to submit the search, it closes the text box and goes to the first match (if one exists). If that wasn't the match you were looking for, you need to reopen the search and try again.

joezim0087_0-1712179224183.png

I'd prefer this search to work exactly how the search works in the Debugger tab. Honestly not sure how this is hasn't been done yet because this has been a completely unacceptable experience since these dev tools were created and in part caused me to switch to Chrome for most of a decade.

In addition, if you can implement something similar to Chrome's "Search" tool that searches through every file requested, that would be spectacular.

joezim0087_1-1712179990251.png

4 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Honza
Employee
Employee

100% agree, the search UX in the StyleEditor is confusing and it should be fixed (e.g. unified with what we have for the Debugger panel)

You might follow this meta bug

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=973117

> In addition, if you can implement something similar to Chrome's "Search" tool that searches through every file requested, that would be spectacular.

Try search in the Network panel (the magnifying glass in the toolbar) it searches across all loaded resources.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Honza

joezim0087

@HonzaThanks for the network panel search! I didn't know about that. Still not ideal because it opens the response pane, which can't be formatted or really interacted with in any way and I don't see anything that allows me to right-click or something to open it in the debugger/style editor.

joezim0087

@HonzaThanks for adding this to that bugzilla bug. Now, is there a way to convince people to work on a task that's been sitting in the queue for 10 years?