cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Legitimater
Strollin' around

If it's possible, you should give your built-in Media Player in Firefox because I use it more often than my VLC media player installed (the UI when you're trying to play a media file via Firefox) a revamp!

For MIME/Audio: You should give a shuffle, playlist, Visualization, etc. (and If playing an audio, you should add an option to:

* auto-add all audio files in the same directory/folder as the one that's playing to a playlist, or
  * Play the single file only.

For MIME/Video: You should add support in Firefox to play .m3u8 files natively (in Desktop) (I needed an extension just to play it) (because If I'm not wrong, Firefox Mobile is only the one who supports it)

12 Comments
vms1281

Hi Team,

Please provide built-in media player with fulscreen/Zoom option, player controls for watching videos posted in websites.

Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

aitor_gomila
Making moves

Firefox Mobile (tested in Android) can't play local files (mp3 files or whatever). It's a shame, because this feature is on chrome. So to play music I have to either download some sketchy music player or use chrome.

aitor_gomila
Making moves

On desktop now, firefox already has a song playback that is better than that of Chrome/Edge. So it would make sense to work this out on mobile too, also for images 🙂

I know it's not a priority, but I could work on it if someone guides me on how to do it.

shalva
Strollin' around

Its strange that this is not a priority. Probably all other browsers have a better UI.

For example, Edge. it has ability to seek with double tap and pause when taping in the center of the screen. On the top right there is a button which zooms into a video a bit so it will take more screen space. From 3 dot menu it has options to speed up the video or download it

Screenshot_20230325-222051_Edge.png

Another example is UC Browser. It even has a tutorial of how to use it. Its options are a lot more than what Edge or Chrome has. It even has a back button!
Screenshot_20230325-222002_UC Browser.png

The video was from this page: https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp

nose_gnome
Making moves

Media player in Firefox mobile

It would be great if there was a media player interface implemented in Firefox Android/iOS.  Where Firefox puts its own interface/media controls for playing videos on YouTube and other site, or just playing videos in general, like how Samsung Internet and Safari do.

This would be useful for websites where the media player/controls provided aren't very good.  It would also make playing videos on different sites consistent. 

Also, I find the YouTube media player on mobile annoying and inconsistent, as it frequently thinks I'm pressing something I'm not, due to poor design.

I would also like to add, that it should have the ability to be disabled/enabled by the user if they want.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

(Note: similar ideas have been merged into this thread)

okay_okay
Making moves

+1 would be great

labib

wow very nice

nose_gnome
Making moves

+1