cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kremlinbot
Making moves

Just as simple as the title says — an option to only show the bookmarks bar when the toolbar is hovered. Maybe show the default bookmark bar show/hide animation to make it more logical and eye-pleasing.

1.png2.png3.png

kremlinbot_0-1668979054586.png

14 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hans_

I would like a function/option that the toolbar will automatically be shown when the address bar is selected.

I often use ctrl-L to select the address bar but the toolbar is only shown on a new tab.

talos_2002
Strollin' around

Edge has a similar function when viewing a PDF file. You can toggle auto-hide for the toolbar by selecting the gear icon > Pin toolbar. I
The height of laptop screens is limited, especially for those who use 13' laptops, so every wasted pixel matters (and already websites waste a lot of them).
Come on Firefox team, do it before anyone else. Like the good old times...

Pete-s

Automatically Hide Bookmarks Toolbar

Good day,

Add a setting to “Automatically hide the bookmarks toolbar” similar to Windows taskbar setting “Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode”

Taking a full-screen capture is preferred not to include the Bookmarks Toolbar.

Although the Bookmarks toolbar is required thereafter to open another program. Deselecting the bookmarks toolbar using Ctrl‑Shift-B between screen captures is tedious.

An Idea: With the bookmarks toolbar deselected, moving the mouse closer to the url-address ‘bar’ the bookmarks toolbar is displayed and keeps on displaying while the mouse is over it

>> a link can then be selected and the bookmarks toolbar will not be visible thereafter

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

(Note: a similar idea has been merged into this thread)

deiXide

Came here looking for this.  I use Firefox for home and work, and login using the same Firefox account. For work, I'll often give demos using the browser, and my personal bookmarks show up until I hide them.  It would be really cool to have those not show, but instead be mouseover or toggleable with a hotkey.

Humbug

+1

vblima

+1

Bookmarks are a paramount functionally for everybody. Each person uses them differently (quick access, permanent/transient storage, etc.), but we all need 1) privacy (ex. sharing screen in videoconferences) and/or 2) just more screen space (ex. laptops). An option to activate/deactivate the autohide of the bookmarks toolbar and bookmarks sidebar (one for each) would be very interesting.

Additionally, in the bookmark toolbar an explicit option to center the icons would be very welcome, also.

Congrats for the excellent work.

chris-at

+1

This is a nice idea, and similar to other posters above, this would be super useful for demos, videos and screenshots.  Currently I use the built-in keyboard shortcut to show/hide the bookmark bar (Mac; Shift+Command+B), but I'm all about automation.