cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boy

It's great seeing Mozilla experiment with AI. AI can be really useful and here's some applications where I think AI can be really useful.

1. Automatic bookmarks organization and tagging. This is useful because some of us are not wired to think in an organized manner constantly, we often just add a bookmark to random places with the intention of "sorting everything later". And eventually, when you have hundreds or thousands of bookmarks it's already too late to do that manually if you ever decided organize.

2. The other suggestion is simple, TTS. Mozilla might be able to make use of existing projects such as Piper TTS which is free and open source and lightweight. So Mozilla can focus on integration and interactivity within the browser and let the actual voice be generated by Piper which would be installed on the system.

Thank you for this amazing browser.

4 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager
boy

Yeah it is, although there's still the TTS suggestion.

delf
Strollin' around

i would probably not trust AI to manage my bookmarks and data. for starters, the privacy implications... Sending my bookmarks and data unencrypted to an AI somewhere is probably not good, and not even the people who build the AIs have no idea where that data might end up and have no way of removing it once it's fed to the AI (and, well, having to send your unprotected data in the first place ruins the entire privacy aspect of Firefox). And also: if the AI decides in which category a bookmark should end up, then i don't really know where it'll go and it might sometimes misjudge it and put it somewhere where it shouldn't be or lose it somewhere. Sure, it might work most of the time, but you never know.

running an AI is expensive and wouldn't turn to much profit. i feel like it should be better to prioritize making Firefox a better and more intuitive Web browser than to chase the latest trends this way.