cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't Mozilla Firefox keep their certificates renewed and up to date?

Bhw
Making moves

This is so frustrating!!! When I play games or quizzes on Publishers Clearing House, my virus protection blocks my connection because Mozilla Firefox alerts me that they have expired certificates and are not keeping certificates renewed which poses a threat.  This is an ongoing problem that happens continually!! Why can't you renew your certificates on time? Today I have already had 12 alerts that my connections has been blocked due to your lack of concern for your users!! PLEASE CORRECT THIS ONGOING PROBLEM!! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

meskobalazs
Making moves

I think that you're misunderstanding something. Website certificates are certifying that websites are what they say that they are. The websites themselves are responsible for renewing their own certificates, the browser merely checks whether they are valid or not.

View solution in original post

Bhw
Making moves

Thank you for replying and giving me this information.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

meskobalazs
Making moves

I think that you're misunderstanding something. Website certificates are certifying that websites are what they say that they are. The websites themselves are responsible for renewing their own certificates, the browser merely checks whether they are valid or not.

Bhw
Making moves

Thank you for replying and giving me this information.