cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twice or more RAM usage than Edge

gordol
Making moves

Current (110.0.1 64bit) Firefox on a Del Inspiron 7415 2-in-1 laptop running Windows 11 Home x64 build 2261 with an AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics, 2100 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s) and 8GB RAM (type not specified in System Info).

With nothing but an empty Google search page loaded in a single tab, Firefox is using over 500MB of RAM. Same view, Edge is using less than 400.  If I load Reddit or Facebook in the same tab, nothing else open, usage in FF jumps to over 800MB, and I noticed it at almost 2GB of RAM usage at times. Meanwhile, Edge never gets much above 500MB with the same usage.

I have not (yet) compared to any of my other PCs, an older low end desktop unable to go higher than Win10, and a months-old mid-range new-with-Win11 desktop simply due to use patterns and when I can use them for extended amounts of time.

Active extensions installed in FF:

• Add To Any
  • Bitwarden
  • Don't Accept image/webp
  • Enhancer For Youtube
  • F.B. Purity
  • Facebook Container
  • HTTPS Everywhere
  • New Tab Override
  • Reddit Ad Remover
  • Scroll To Top
  • Tab Stash
  • uBlock Origin
  • Webcompat.com reporter
  • WebP / AVIF Converter

Same or similar are installed in Edge except for Facebook Container, Scroll To Top and Tab Stash.

About:Processes in FF shows that the memory usage is with the main FF process, the collected/combined entry for extensions is relatively low, less than 200MB.

If further info is needed for troubleshooting (debugging, trace logs, etc), please also advise on how to get that info.

0 REPLIES 0