cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task bar icon right click to get preffered sites pinned

RenHunt
Making moves

I've been a Firefox user for years.  It's my go to browser.  I currently have three computers with Windows 11 Pro builds.  Two of them are doing just as I want them to do with Firefox.  One is not.

Here's what I want:

I've grown to appreciate of the ability to right click on the Firefox icon on the task bar and have my favorite, commonly visited sites pop up on a list.  I just pin them as the option allows and they are there at the top ready to go to whenever I want.

When I built this last computer a few weeks ago, when I installed Firefox and imported all my bookmarks and passwords, I was able to pin only four of my favorite sites to the right click feature list.  I never saw the others appear as frequently visited below the pinned group.  I saw a bunch of other sites and downloads as I went along, but never the sites I wanted, even though I was going to them frequently.

Ok, so I did a clean Firefox install yesterday.  The right click list was empty.  Great! I thought.  Fresh start.  This time I'm only able to get three of my favorites pinned. One that I couldn't pin before and two that I could.   I open the others in window after window and tab after tab and they never show up as frequently visited options to pin.  Meanwhile they are all pinned just fine on my other two Windows 11 computers.

It isn't a really big deal, it just bothers me that I can't get it the way I want it on this computer, but can on the others.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RenHunt
Making moves

It appears I have solved the problem.  I cleared the browsing and download history, the cookies, the cache, and the search history, and then I started getting the sites I was visiting in the frequent area so I could pin them. Just in case anyone runs across this problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RenHunt
Making moves

It appears I have solved the problem.  I cleared the browsing and download history, the cookies, the cache, and the search history, and then I started getting the sites I was visiting in the frequent area so I could pin them. Just in case anyone runs across this problem.