cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sites in my bookmark bar not showing. Only a black bar present.

Herknight69420
Making moves

I updated to version 98.0.1 on my desktop recently and non of my bookmarked pages are showing. I didn't do any changes to my bookmark settings before nor after the update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jscher2000
Leader

Hmm, if you have Bookmarks Toolbar Items on the bar and you have bookmarks in the Bookmarks Toolbar category of the sidebar, and nothing is visible, it gives me a bad feeling that something has become corrupted.

Does the problem continue after a regular shutdown and restart of your system (the idea behind this is to release file locks and complete any pending updates)?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jscher2000
Leader

Could you go into the Customize panel and see whether "Bookmarks Toolbar Items" is on the bar? Sometimes it ends up getting moved somewhere else or even completely removed from the bar.

https://support.mozilla.org/kb/customize-firefox-controls-buttons-and-toolbars

If the control is there but it's not displaying the expected bookmarks, you can use the Bookmarks Sidebar to verify that those bookmarks are still in the "Bookmarks Toolbar" list rather than one of the other two (Bookmarks Menu, Other Bookmarks).

https://support.mozilla.org/kb/use-firefox-sidebar-access-bookmarks-history-synced

Herknight69420
Making moves

Thank you and yes, everthing is there as it should be.

jscher2000
Leader

Hmm, if you have Bookmarks Toolbar Items on the bar and you have bookmarks in the Bookmarks Toolbar category of the sidebar, and nothing is visible, it gives me a bad feeling that something has become corrupted.

Does the problem continue after a regular shutdown and restart of your system (the idea behind this is to release file locks and complete any pending updates)?

Herknight69420
Making moves

It worked! Thank you so much 😄

sharkydart
Making moves

I am experiencing the bookmarks toolbar not showing anything:

• The space where it should show is completely empty
  • The bookmarks toolbar folder contains all expected bookmarks

I have tried:

• Clearing files (extensions*, configuration.ini) from profile folder and restarting
  • verifying integrity of places database
  • removing & replacing bookmarks toolbar into various spots
  • toggling the bookmarks toolbar off and on
  • uninstalling and reinstalling firefox

Nothing has worked from Discussion suggestions I have found in the forum. This has been happening as of the last patch. I am on 99.0.1 (64-bit)

Hi sharkydart, I think you have checked all the logical things, and I assume you also tried the regular shutdown and restart of your system.

That leads me to suggest things based on guesses. One possible reason for "Bookmarks Toolbar Items" not to populate would be if despite the Verify Integrity test passing, there actually is something strange at the beginning of the items. Can you open the Library window (Ctrl+Shift+O; Mac: Command+Shift+O), click Bookmarks Toolbar in the left column, then on the right side, drag one of your bookmarks to the top so that whatever has been in that position moves down to the next spot. Any difference on the actual toolbar?

Hi there,

I am running 112.02 on MacOS and since the last update, I notice the first window that comes up when you first open firefox, the bookmarks bar is missing, even if you go from "Never show" to "Always show". 

BUT...  the next window, or any more windows that open, the bookmarks tab shows up just fine, it only seems to be on first opening of the firefox that this happens, I know my solution already, just open a second window, which is fine, but still not the way it should function. 

Cheers,

Steven