cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new scroll bar

scrollbarlover
Making moves

in the firefox 100 update, the scroll bar (on the side) is small and curved. it's the worst.

BRING BACK THE OLD SCROLL BAR!

3 REPLIES 3

jscher2000
Leader

Hi, are you running Windows 11?

Firefox now supports "overlay" scrollbars on Windows 11. I think this hidden setting will switch that off, but as a Windows 10 user, I don't think I can test it. If you give it a try, let me know whether it helps:

(A) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.

(B) In the search box in the page, type or paste overlay-scrollbars and pause while the list is filtered

(C) Double-click the widget.windows.overlay-scrollbars.enabled preference to switch the value from true to false 

scrollbarlover
Making moves

Ah it's a Windows setting! that didn't change it for me but I went to Settings in Windows and changed "always show scrollbars" and that brought it back. It's so much better with it. Really don't like the design choice made by the gang at Microsoft. Thanks!

815d8609-7d6a-4
Making moves

+1 for the issue. I'm on Linux, currently this is not a OS-wide setting. It's good to follow OS-setting, even if it has a bad default. But the decision to auto-hide the scrollbar on systems without this setting is disappointing, to express my opinion mildly. Yes, one can reenable it in the settings, but this is not something my mom will figure out on her own.

So please switch the default to auto-show for systems without system-wide option.