cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox Upgrade--Again

SKinut64aa
Making moves

Thank a lot for another "upgrade" to Firefox.  It was working fine.  I had five tabs open and doing important work that I now have to start all over.  Yeah.  Thanks A Lot.  Stupid geeks making life more complicated for all of us.  The browser works.  I am in the middle of a bunch of important stuff, then my computer goes flaky and, sure enough, it is because you are giving me the "Joy" of an upgrade to the latest version of Firefox.  Thank A Lot.  What are a million tech-heads chained together at the bottom of the sea?  LOL.  And I really am grateful for your good work. My work just became doubled as I scramble and start over

3 REPLIES 3

jscher2000
Leader

Sorry to hear about this problem. Firefox usually restores your session after an update automatically. But if you were using exclusively private windows, then you are out of luck.

For more control, why not modify the automatic update setting? Here's how to find it on the Settings page -- type update into the tiny search box to bring that section into focus. From that point, it's pretty obvious what to click next:

FDE-settings-updates-check-choose.png

(Note that this might not work on Linux because usually your package manager handles the updating.)

Finally, if you want assistance mining for old data, try posting this problem on the Mozilla Support site. They have a team of support volunteers to troubleshoot malfunctions with your currently installed version of Firefox, while this site is focused on idea submissions for future versions of Firefox (looking ahead anywhere from 8 weeks to many months). Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ

Holy Cow.  I found it.  I did it.  I can't thank you enough for the reply and the caring.  I get so lost.  I  have a computer software writer friend who just sails through everything.  I suspect you two would relate.  I am just an old Utah desert racer.  Holy Cow do I get lost easily.  No course markers?  Yup.  He's lost again.  Thank You.  For helping me my dumb way back onto the course.  And I apologize for the outburst of temper.  AAAARGH!  WTF has happened now?  You should have been here.  We would have laughed ourselves sick.  LOL.  Sorry to be another frustrated 64YO soul wandering lost in bewilderment on his own computer.  LOL  And Thanks

SKinut64aa
Making moves

HMFS.  This is my third try at posting a message thanking support for helping me.  They were really good and heartfelt messages.  Now lost into some netherworld?  I was replying from an email sent to me.  Thank You for responding helping me find my way.  I sure wish I could have got the other two Thank You's to you but oh well.