cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Optimization

prabu
Making moves

Firefox is an excellent browser with many great features, and I appreciate the efforts put into maintaining it and I must say the browsing experience and features continue to impress me. Your focus on privacy and open-source values sets Firefox apart from other browsers.However, I've noticed a significant issue that affects my day-to-day browsing. Firefox tends to consume excessive memory, even with just 3 tabs open. The memory usage often exceeds 2,000 MB, which slows down the entire system. This makes the experience less efficient, especially compared to other browsers.This high memory usage not only affects browser performance but also impacts the overall user experience. On systems with limited resources, this leads to frequent slowdowns or even crashes, which disrupts workflow.I strongly suggest focusing on memory optimization in future updates. Reducing Firefox’s memory footprint, especially for users with multiple tabs open, would make it a more viable option compared to other lightweight browsers. This could even help improve Firefox’s adoption rate among performance-conscious users.I truly value Firefox and would love to see it continue as a top-tier browser. Addressing memory usage would solidify Firefox’s position as a fast and efficient option for users like myself. Thank you for your hard work, and I hope my feedback can contribute to making Firefox even better.

0 REPLIES 0