cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let "incognito mode" stop stealing spaces along with "extensions" Firefox 109.0.1

Lilim
Making moves

Let "incognito mode" stop stealing spaces along with "extensions". I want to remove this ugliness from the interface, please. I knew that it was impossible to update, but I accidentally updated the browser and immediately ran into trouble - now in the tab in incognito mode at the top right there is an unnecessary inscription "incognito mode" for me. Even without you, I know that I opened it incognito, a small icon was enough for me to remember this, I wanted to remove it - but I can’t. Also, an unnecessary "expansion" button appeared for me with a panel below which I'm news - I can't remove it either. Why? I don't need it, I hate it, I don't need useless things, why can't I just put it away? I set up "extensions" once in my life and I hope that everything will work and I won't have to go there, and if necessary, I'll go through the settings. Remove this space-stealing squalor, or at least give me the opportunity to remove it, please.

1 REPLY 1

jscher2000
Leader

Hi, regarding the Private browsing issue:

Do you want to change from icon + text shown in the top picture to the icon-only shown in the bottom picture:

Fx109-privatae-browsing-indicator.png

Here's how you can do that:

(A) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.

(B) In the search box in the page, type or paste browser.privatebrowsing.enable-new-indicator and pause while the list is filtered

(C) Double-click the preference to switch the value from true to false

This takes effect in NEW private windows. Already open private windows are not affected.

Regarding the Extensions button, there are many threads on this, as well as product suggestions on the "Ideas" side of this site. I suggest discussing the issue in one of those threads.