cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

latest firefox slow

AndrewB28
Making moves

Hello

latest firefox on mac are slower.  they  are slow loading page and startup. memory isn't friendly. Compare to Safari and Chrome. The firefox load page slower. Tested on Mac Studio M1 Pro 32GB ram

firefox is kind a laggy. Firefox need to make fast to load the site... rederding Speedometer score aren't good it score lower than Chrome and Safari on macOS. they need to improve the speed and loading time and memory usage otherwise Firefox will keep lossing marketshare.

3 REPLIES 3

ffjxc
Making moves

I agree w this. Firefox is getting to point of being unusable on my mac.  Chrome is so much faster.  Additionally, pdf's take forever to download now as do webpages.

crystalhafley
Making moves

Absolutely agreed. My friend wanted to review the performance of our website but encounter a strange error. The loading speed of my website was completely fine in Chrome and Safari, even in mobile versions. However, it lagged for a minute to open on Firefox. I don't know the reason why this is happening, but it is frustrating. 

Can any moderator or support member help me in this regard.

SFriedli
Making moves

Agree, but Firefox is EXTREMELY SLOW to initialize upon launch on Windows (Win10 w/ all updates).

It's almost unusable. I don't know what's been going on, but since several updates ago, this has become a monster.  Tab Crashes are very (too!) common.  Once my homepage finally gets presented (Firefox's default), browsing works fine.

In addition, the graphics resolution wavers back & forth between normal clear to a misty out-of-focus appearance.

I have troubleshot as Firefox advises, including applying MS C++ (vcredist_x64.exe), but all to no avail.  I do NOT have any such issues with MS Edge, and it's not my connection at fault.