cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It doesn't make ANY sense that the library search box is cleared when selecting folders

KirkH420
Making moves

I'm sure other people have noticed this too, if they use the library often. I use it very often because I keep a large collection of bookmarks that has been following my web use for a few years now. I like the fact that I can simply press CTRL+J and it pops up. But I find it incredibly nonsensical and quite irritating that when I'm searching through my thousands of bookmarks, if I decide to select another directory, it automatically clears the Search Textbox.

I can understand if there are reasons this was done, but I still don't agree with it. There's always other ways to do things. The search doesn't need to automatically narrow when I select another directory. I could see where that could be problematic if the search was having to parse through all the data each time I clicked on another bookmark directory. I just want the text that I typed into the box to stay in the box. If I'm required to press enter to run another search within one of the sub-directories that I've selected, so that the search would run again, that would be fine.

I can't tell you how many times I've opened the library because I'm thinking of some bookmark that I remember from a long time ago, and I type in the search phrase that I think will find it.... oh d.a.m.n. I still have History selected in the left pane. Now I have to select 'All Bookmarks' and now I have to retype my search phrase because it's been cleared.

Please do something about this. I'd be greatly appreciative for it. This issue just makes the Library's interface seem clunky.

2 REPLIES 2

KutschenGroom
Making moves

I agree 100% and keeping the last 10 search strings in cache of a running session, should be an easy effort in programming.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like an idea