cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Firefox browser basically broken for anyone else too?

firefoxuser123
Making moves

It's freezing over any and everything. For a while every time the browser froze I had to restart my entire system. Cleaned out old stuff, cookies, cache, still happening. Won't even go to website unless I search for the website. It's insanely slow despite fast internet and 3.7 + over 12G of RAM to spare.

Want to make sure devs are aware. Part of what seems to be a problem is website recall upon the browser freezing then shutting down.

8 REPLIES 8

sholamit63
Making moves

sholamit63

Sholamit63: I started using Firefox for a couple of years. A few weeks ago, there was an update and it hasn't been working like it used to. It freezes. I have to shut down Firefox and restart it. But even when I do this, it will freeze several times each day. I use Windows 11.

Ravall
Making moves

The same for me. Since Version 100.x - Firefox freezes very often, no idea what the trigger is. Never had this problem before version 100.x Using the same config as before. But this way it is not usable. Strange, that there are not more complaints about that...

Bloo_jae
Making moves

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with this issue. This is happening to me across multiple devices, I've tried the same fixes as you @firefoxuser123 

I hope this gets seen and resolved.

your not alone

DadMom
Making moves

Been using firefox for so long I can't remember. I was an original Netscape user even when Explorer came out.But as of the last few updates. It freezes all the time. I have to get out task manager to close it. And its sucking up soooo much memory. I've taken to using Edge and Opera. What ever you did you **bleep**ed the former best browser. Fix it!!

esdlifestaff
Making moves

After the update on 9 June, the firefox cannot display the information of my website properly anymore. It goes blank. Poor :'( Asked my whole team of developers, no one can do the debug. Other browsers work well on displaying those info. That's what I don't understand...

mendelsonpdx
Making moves

I too have been having freezes for at least a couple of months now. I'm not sure which update was the culprit, but unless it gets fixed, I might have to move - however reluctantly - to Chrome. Horrible thought!

lisasema
Making moves

Same to me. For the past several days it has been crushed multiple times. Thinking about moving to Chrome as well. Horrible work.