cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmmayer015

Hello, I’ve turned off Firefox suggestions and search suggestions in my desktop and laptop browsers and cleared all history and cached data from my account, yet Firefox suggestions still shows up on the iPhone app with data that’s supposed to have been deleted. Where is the data coming from and how do I turn off Firefox suggestions in the iPhone app? I’m using an iPhone 14 Pro.

55 Comments
2MuchC0ff33
Making moves

Thank you for your question @mmmayer015 

To turn off search suggestions in the Firefox for iPhone app, you can go to the settings by tapping the three horizontal lines in the top right corner and selecting "Settings". Then, under "Search," deactivate the "Show search suggestions" option.

Here are some additional resources for managing your Firefox sync data and search suggestions on the Firefox for iPhone app:

mmmayer015

Hello, thank you for your response. Search suggestions are already turned off. The label the suggestions have when I type in the address bar is “Firefox Suggestions” and it is pulling website addresses from my “History” even though the history/cache/etc… has all been deleted. Is this a different suggestion feature? If not, why did turning off the suggestions not work?

mmmayer015

I realized it is pulling from my bookmarks. However I would still like to turn off the “Firefox Suggest” feature. To be clear this is NOT the “Search Suggestion”, it is a different suggestion feature by Firefox. How do I turn off “Firefox Suggest”?

Thank you

2MuchC0ff33
Making moves

Hey @mmmayer015 

Referencing the steps here. These are the steps I suggest to try:

1. Open Firefox on your iPhone.
  2. Tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
  3. Tap "Settings" at the bottom of the menu.
  4. Tap "Privacy".
  5. Find the "Firefox Suggest" option and toggle it off.
mmmayer015

Thank you for your response. There is not an option to toggle Firefox Suggest on/off in the privacy section of the iPhone app settings. I also checked for address bar settings in the app, as listed in the link you provided. However there are no such settings in the iPhone app either. I’m going to try turning this feature off in a desktop browser that I am logged into, to see if the browser sync will disable the Firefox Suggest feature on my iPhone.

Please add the Firefox Suggest toggle to the iPhone app settings.

Thank you

mmmayer015

I toggled the Firefox Suggest feature to off in the desktop browser and synced my browser on both the desktop and iPhone app. Firefox Suggest is still running on the iPhone app. Please advise.

2MuchC0ff33
Making moves

Thank you for persisting @mmmayer015 

Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the firefox app on your iphone?

mmmayer015

Firefox Suggest is still active after uninstalling and reinstalling the app, signing back into my Firefox account, and re-setting up the settings like before. Please advise.

Thank you

mmmayer015

Any movement on this?

mmmayer015

Hello, following up again.

Thank you