cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix Google autorization issue

renman
Making moves

Google Workspace allows private websites that are by invitation only.  Those outside of the hosting organization and without a Gmail, have to have their browser "authorized" to be able to view such sites.

Every time FireFox updates, the authorization is lost and users have to go through the process again.  This necessitates the webmaster having to send new invitations and the user doing a multi-step sign-in authorization process.

Again today, with new update, lost authorization to view the website and now have to do it all over again. NOT GOOD!

There should be a way to have the authorization automatically carry over after an update!

5 REPLIES 5

jscher2000
Leader

Is this caused by data loss? For example, the update cleared a cookie or deleted a certificate, etc. Hopefully someone has diagnosed this problem so the developers -- who probably aren't getting invited to private workspaces -- have some leads.

Aasher
Making moves

Since Firefox updated, I can get to Google only intermittently. Most times, it says that it’s a potential security risk. 

@Aasher wrote:

Since Firefox updated, I can get to Google only intermittently. Most times, it says that it’s a potential security risk. 

This can be caused by system-level proxy settings. If you go to the Settings page and type proxy in the tiny search box, Firefox will show the Network Settings section. Click the Settings button, select No proxy, then click OK.

If that doesn't resolve it, could you post this problem on the Mozilla Support site. They have a team of support volunteers to troubleshoot malfunctions with your currently installed version of Firefox, while this site is focused on idea submissions for future versions of Firefox (looking ahead anywhere from 8 weeks to many months). Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ

I have the same thing happening when I try to access YouTube (which uses Google to Login). I have gone through setting the network settings to "No Proxy." I have tried the various network.dns hacks. I have even cleared cache / cookies / history. For a while, one of these would work. I even downloaded the DuckDuckGo extension. Again, this worked for a while. Now, nothing. This is quite frustrating as I prefer to use Firefox. If this continues, I will just have to find another browser.

@ctkalipso wrote:

I have the same thing happening when I try to access YouTube (which uses Google to Login).

You are signed in to Google, but on YouTube, it shows you are signed out and it's not possible to resolve that?

I suggest posting this problem on the Mozilla Support site. They have a team of support volunteers to troubleshoot malfunctions with your currently installed version of Firefox, while this site is focused on idea submissions for future versions of Firefox (looking ahead anywhere from 8 weeks to many months). Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ