cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox’s Enhanced Tracking Protection (Strict Mode) is known to cause issues on x.com

denixius
Making moves

Hi,

Because of I'm getting a Tracking Protection error, I can't open Twitter on Firefox 126.0 (64-bit). When I try to change my profile on Twitter, I'm getting the following error. However, after a couple of minutes, I can open Twitter again with the twitter.com domain. Because when I try to change my profile Twitter directs me to x(.)com (naturally).

"Firefox’s Enhanced Tracking Protection (Strict Mode) is known to cause issues on x(.)com."

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi! I find out that the real problem was Disconnect add-on. I disabled Disconnect on Twitter, and problem solved. If you don't have Disconnect add-on, then I don't know how to answer that. However. I e-mailed to Disconnect, too, they aware of this issue. Also, Mozilla is using something by Disconnect on Firefox. I believe that's the problem. I suggest you install Disconnect and then disable it on Twitter.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

tammycocar
Making moves

I also have problems on twitter when using firefox, i.e. playing videos on twitter causes my PC to actually turn off (no, it's got a great cooling system).... Maybe they don't like twitter?

Twitter doesn't like Mozilla: prevents tracking. Did you know that Twitter turned on automatically to use your data to train their AI model? No consensus asked. This will lead to a fine from EU. The only ones who dare to stand-up against Twitter.

I disabled “Firefox’s Enhanced Tracking Protection (Strict Mode). And even then: not working 😔.

anyone any work around?

https://cybernews.com/news/x-twitter-not-working-on-firefox/

Hi! I find out that the real problem was Disconnect add-on. I disabled Disconnect on Twitter, and problem solved. If you don't have Disconnect add-on, then I don't know how to answer that. However. I e-mailed to Disconnect, too, they aware of this issue. Also, Mozilla is using something by Disconnect on Firefox. I believe that's the problem. I suggest you install Disconnect and then disable it on Twitter.

How does one do that, when they can't, you know, access Twitter??

Mizar
Familiar face

Leave Twitter/X problem solved for the browser and you.

retsacnod
Making moves

This started happening fo me yesterday, I was still on Firefox v124.0.2. I updated to v126.0 this morning and it was still happening. Setting up an exception for x.com allowed x.com to load.

AllanZ
Making moves

This has been happening to me also for a few months now - I'm forced to open edge in order to acces x.com. I've updated consistently and am now on 127.02.

How long will this issue take to sort out?

denixius
Making moves

Hi,

This problem still persists.

AryFelix
Making moves

I'm using a VPN and it says the server is in Brazil. I don't know if you know, but X.com is blocked in Brazil.

I hope this helps.