cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox doesn't respect Windows color filters for images and videos, creating an accessibility probl

TubeGrub
Making moves

Windows implements color filters for people with color blindness, and people with other visual impairments. A new feature of Firefox maintains image colors while allowing the color of everything else to change. Although this is obviously desirable sometimes, this feature can break accessible workflows.

For example, I use the color inversion filter via keyboard shortcut to quickly make images more readable. With this update, color filters aren't respected, and I can't read these images. I would love to see a feature to disable this functionality. In the meantime, I'm going to have to switch to a less privacy-focused browser that doesn't break this accessibility feature.

6 REPLIES 6

tygical
Making moves

oh, so it wasn't just me having this issue. i've been trying to fix this for like, an hour and a half. i invert my screen colors all the time to see images easier, and firefox seems to have just broken that. this is unacceptable.

DaveWarnerNY
Making moves

Same problem here... this is VERY FRUSTRATING!

I've had windows set up for years with a simple color inversion shortcut that makes surfing the web much easier... I'm legally blind.  Well now that doesn't work... Mozilla needs to FIX THIS

Aenfa
Making moves

This started happening to me after updating to version 122. It now inverts images and videos back to positive when enabling color inversion on Windows. I have tried looking in the about:config options but can't find anything to disable this behavior. This is really annoying and should NOT be forced upon us.

Mizar
Familiar face

At about:config

try setting layout.css.inverted-colors.enabled to true

Makes no difference.

Mizar
Familiar face

Too bad.