cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and paste on Firefox Android

rivelle
Making moves

Unless I am mistaken, copying and pasting text when using Firefox on Android only allows the user to copy one single, solitary word or symbol. Unlike other browsers, it is impossible to select a point or word in a body of text and then slide along the text to select a section of the text. It is only possible to point to a single word or symbol and that's it. Sliding one's finger further does nothing. 
E.g. if the user wants to select from a body of text "world cup semi-final", on all other Android browsers, the user touches "world" and then moves their finger until the whole of "world cup semi-final" is selected. However on Firefox, the user can only select "world" and that's it. Any attempt to slide their finger further in order to select the whole text does nothing. 
This is clearly a massive limitation on the copy and paste function, rendering it basically useless. 
Could the developers of Firefox please bring the copy and paste function remove this disabling limitation?

5 REPLIES 5

See-owetoRich
Making moves

Yes, I have found this too, and was hoping replies to this thread would give me the answer!

Synchro
Making moves

What version do you use? Mine is 116.3.0 and everything works fine. Maybe this can be caused by add-ons?

OK, i am using 116.3.0 too, and I agree that copying works Ok on this page, and Select All also allows you to copy all the text.  But try http://datapoint.metoffice.gov.uk/public/data/val/wxobs/all/xml/3529?res=hourly&key=0fc148b6-934a-4f... , where Select All seems to lose the Copy button.

Yes, on that page "Select all" doesn't work even in version 117.0.

draconicrose
Making moves

You can use the teardrop handles to adjust the beginning and ending of your selection. It would be nice to be able to drag your finger though.