cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mzlink
Making moves

Like title suggests.

The built-in PDF reader never catches the title of the document anyway, so at times it gets really annoying to save documents with a reasonable filename.

original source 

4 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

marco
Employee
Employee

The behavior in PDFs is consistent with the behavior in web pages, so I think if we decide to change it, we should change it everywhere and not just for PDFs.

mzlink
Making moves

Web pages generally do not have any issues with grabbing the title by default though.

But I didn't know it was the same for regular web pages. I have not saved a regular webpage in over a decade so how would I know?
marco
Employee
Employee

@mzlink  sorry, I didn't mean to say you should know, I only meant that this is the same behavior across web and PDF.

I think it is by design because the context menu is different depending on what it targets. If it targets the whole page, you have menu items related to the whole page. If it targets a selection, you have menu items related to the selection.