cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sometimes miss push notifications, so I would like to see a history of what and when I have received notifications in the sidebar, like the action bar in Windows.

19 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Smashed_Penguin
Strollin' around

Have you considered/would you consider integrating Firefox's in-browser push notifications into the Windows 10/11 notifications system?
I ask because the notification timeout is really fast if there are many notifications, it's impossible to properly read them all before they disappear and there's no obvious way to view notification history if at all.
Also, if there are more notifications than what can fit in the available screen height you just don't see them.
Additionally the Notifications are still white even when on a dark theme, this seems like something that should have been addressed a long time ago already.

Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

KERR
Making moves

Yes please. I fire up Firefox and all these notifications appear, then disappear forever.

I believe there's a bug open for this: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1497425

Edge manages it well, they're also dark ♥

KERR_0-1652938816856.png

I raised a separate idea for dark mode notifications:

https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/ideas/dark-mode-for-html5-web-notifications/idi-p/4506

FlamingDawn
Making moves

I suggest to implement Firefox push notifications with Windows Notification Center which can not only allow viewing history messages but also bring forth a more coherent user experience.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FlamingDawn Sounds like a good idea, but since Firefox is cross-platform, developers may not want to add OS-dependent features.

FlamingDawn
Making moves

@AnonymousWell, in my humble opinion, it is the deep integration with each OS it supports that make an cross-platform APP successful, like Office and Telegram. Adding support for Windows native notifications won't do any harm to current user experience. You may see the benefits of it in this idea.

theHLT

I vehemently dislike the notifications and would prefer a way to turn the off altogether. Currently, I do not see a way to disable them after going through all settings. Perhaps I am mistaken in this but if not - for the love of all that’s holy- please give option to disable.

user78335
Strollin' around

You can switch to the native Windows notifications:

alerts.useSystemBackend --> true

You can then adjust the timeout, audio, add to action center, etc.

As of now working on Windows 10 and I haven't had any issues but it's not released as default yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@user78335 Thanks for the information. I hope in the future it will be possible to configure in about:preferences.