cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carl_in_Vermont

Thanks for adding the translations feature, especially with offline translations for a number of languages. I value being able to translate text without needing to send my data to someone else.

I would be more inclined to use the translations feature if it didn't make the original language disappear altogether. I like the web page translation that Google has, where you can mouse over the translated text and see the original. Seeing both the original and the translated text is helpful for language learners and for those who want to easily check parts of the translation against the original.

Would you please consider implementing web page translation in this way? It doesn't take away anything from people who just want to see the translated text--that's all they see, if they don't mouse over anything. And it adds a lot of functionality for those of us who want easy access to the original. Thanks!

2 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Carl_in_Vermont are you looking for full web page translations to show both the original language and the translation? Or is this for single word or short phrase translations?