cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AzureArmageddon
Making moves

I tried out the Tree-Style Tab extension and got everything configured and working nicely but I was left with both the Firefox tab bar and the Tree-Style Tab sidebar on-screen at the same time. I tried to find a way to hide Firefox's tab bar while the Tree-Style Tab sidebar is on-screen (Which is what I want to happen) but only found one superuser thread saying I need to adjust some esoteric file deep within Firefox's app files called "userChrome.css".

This ought to be a one-button fix otherwise Mozilla's "recommendation" of Tree-Style Tab for the modern Firefox browser seems half-hearted at best. I understand there is perhaps some danger involved in exposing such a setting that a user might end up without tabs of any kind, but surely there could be some opt-in setting to toggle off the default tab bar while the sidebar of a user's selected extension is on-screen or something like that?

3 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Related idea here for vertical tabs to be a native feature: Native Vertical Tabs 

halmai
Making moves

In the "View" menu, where there already is a "Sidebar" and "Toolbars", "Tab bar" would be perfect. If the user turns it off, they can turn it back here.