cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveC

I use filters in Thunderbird to file email in specific folders, and I have quite a few.  When I need to use 'Search' to find a specific message, that works well, but the results don't show which folder the original message might be held in, (unless I've missed something obvious...) so further searches are needed to find messages which might be related.

Would it be possible to add the folder name to the message search results?

All the best,  DaveC

5 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

MattAuSupport
Familiar face

I just did a search in Thunderbird for "feedback" and picked a response at random.

MattAuSupport_0-1705971293050.png

See on the right,  that is the folder the email is in.  In this instance "Ebay"

When I click the entry show as a list, the location (folder) is shown as the last column. I am really thinking you missed the obvious. Unless we are talking about two different searches.  Thunderbird does have three.

DaveC

You're absolutely right, I didn't think I was that short-sighted!  Maybe I'll rewind a few versions of Thunderbird to check if it's recently appeared, but thanks for pointing that out,  all the best,  DaveC

DaveC

Interestingly the containing folder name appears in the results of some searches, but not all - here's the results of a search for "tomorrow's lunch":

DaveC_0-1707421028070.png

It shows author names, but no folders...   cheers,  DaveC

MattAuSupport
Familiar face

No it was me that was dreaming.  It is actually the sender and it just happened that in the case of the search I tried it was also the folder.

You have to display as a list to see the folder.