I have 4 languages (dictionaries) for the grammar check in Firefox. In theory, it should help me. In practical, anything i write it is underlined in red.
Why? Because I use all four languages, but Firefox is not clever enough to understand which language i am using. So when I write, there is 75% of possibilities that the text is underlined in red.
1. I write in italian, it is underlined in red. So after few lines i change and it's not underlined.
2. I open a new site and start writing in polish. Everything is underlined in red. After few lines i manually choose the right language it and it's not underlined.
3. So i open a new site and start writing in english. Everything is underlined in red. After few lines i manually choose the right language it and it's not underlined.
4. So i open a new site and start writing in esperanto. Everything is underlined in red...
5. So i open a new site and start writing in italian. Everything is underlined in red...
This is what I do for the WHOLE DAY. All the time changing language for spell check.
For example the current text is all underlined in red; but i am to tired to change it.
SOLUTION: make possible the use of many dictionaries at the same time OR make Firefox more clever so it can understand the current language before underlining.
With Firefox 100, you will be able to use multiple dictionaries at the same time. Grab Firefox 100 on 2022-05-03 and you'll be all set.
This idea was shared with our product team, and we're happy to report that it's already "In development."
Please refer to @asadotzler's post for more info.
-The Community Team
Honestly, I have Firefox 100 since few days but the problem is the same. Where is the option to activate multilanguage spell checking?
You could get the LanguageTool add-on. It works good.
@franko, in the context menu of a text area, select multiple languages in the sub menu. Is that not working for you?
in the context menu i see only the four languages I use + "Add dictionary", as in Firefox < 100, but i don't have any new option as "multiple languages" (version: 100.0.1 - Polish language pack)
@asadotzlerin the context menu i see only the 4 languages i use + the "add dictionary" option.
Version: 100 (untill few days ago) and now 100.0.1 (polish language pack for the FF GUI).
Should the status of this not be updated to delivered now?
Great job all around! This idea has now been delivered—with Firefox 100 you are able to use multiple dictionaries at the same time.