cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shababalnabil
Strollin' around

When overscroll in Firefox android, the GeckoView starts performing a bouncer/jerk effect. The effect is the only thing which decreasing the stability and smoothness of the engine. Scrolling smoothness is very important for a browser. Please remove the effect or add any customizable option in Firefox or in the GeckoView (for the developers). The glowing effect is the most important for a browser and my favourite effect. Thank you so much.

5 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

shababalnabil
Strollin' around

Everything was perfect until the v85 in GeckoView. It's really frustrating and annoying. Please remove or add features to control the effect. We'll be very happy to see GeckoView with only Glowing effect. 

kudoskudush

I think it's very good idea. I was also trying to find solution. Now, I'm thinking, why no one talked about this before. It is a little bit issue but it impacts a lot. Google looks very ugly in Firefox (mobile) that's why no one like it and also the jerky effect plays an important role to make the browser a flop!

krm
Making moves

smooth scrolling

Chromium browsers have smoother/faster scrolling in Android. Need to improve scrolling in Firefox Android. I am on Android 13, 120hz refresh rate, and Edge is much better.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

(Note: a similar idea has been merged into this thread)