cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firefox_xavi

Can you add these two features ?

- Save all tabs to a text file and let user name it.
I'm currently performing a research on real estate in Ontario, I would just click an easily available single button to perform that operation. The only prompt will be : Save As, and I will name it

- Save all tabs from site to text file with sitename
It will save all tabs specific to a www.site.com to a text file name called $site+$timestamp

- Save all tabs from site to a bookmark folder
It will save all tabs specific to a www.site.com to a bookmaker folder named $site

User must be able to perform all these in one single click, meaning a nice obvious button.

It must be obvious and feel seamless, no long menus and nothing, just click and done

4 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your requirment for a "one click solution" is a bit much, since i generally like to make addons, which can be useful in more than one context. (aka. not to specializsed). If that is not to much of a dealbreaker, you can take a look at these:

> Save all tabs to a text file and let user name it

Get Tabs Infos

> - Save all tabs from site to text file with sitename

Select Same Origin Tabs + Get Tabs Infos 

> - Save all tabs from site to a bookmark folder

Select Same Origin Tabs +  "Ctrl+Shift+D"

Hope it helps.

Nautilus
Strollin' around

Your problem can be solved this way:

- Create a folder related to your special research in your bookmarks

- Gather all URLs you want to revisit later in this folder

- Next time you choose this folder an click on "open all of them imediately" - and all of them are available again at one click.

(Excuse my poor English language knowledge)

bjurg47

It support this idea, but I would like to save a window with many tabs in a permanent history item, you can already do this for a recently closed window, but I would rather have it permanent by  giving it a title.