cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jk04120

Hi.  This has been bothering me for some years, but I'm only now getting around to reporting/ suggesting it.

When one brings up  the "Manage Bookmarks" there is a "search" function that if very useful, especially if one has a complex hierarchy of bookmarks or even some distributed between tabs on  the Bookmarks  Toolbar and others distributed in the Bookmarks Menu.

But, sometimes, the reason for trying to locate a bookmark is to figure out where existing, related, ones were located so that one for a newly found page can be put in the same tab and/or folder.    

AFAICT, there is no hint about that in the list of bookmarks that results from the search.  If I highlight a particular bookmark, I can see (and edit) its name, the URL, and any tags or keywords, but no hint of where it might be found in my bookmark repository folder structure. 

Would it be possible to add that information, either as a path within the structure or by highlighting the relevant folder in the display of the structure to the left (making sure the structure containing that folder is adequately expanded and that most of the rest is compressed).  I'd guess the former would be easier, but don't have a strong preference.

4 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager
Igor_the_nice

I am still waiting for the path in which the bookmark is stored to be displayed in the bookmark management.
Thank you for re-suggesting that a column/an attribute "path"  should be displayed on the bookmark management page.

JohnBoyTheGreat
Making moves

This is one of the most important features that should be added to Firefox!

It's absolutely maddening to try to find the folder where a bookmark is, then try to get back to where you were, without losing search results.