cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dedz

I would like to ask for the option to set ProtonMail as my default email app to redirect hyperlinks on Firefox for iOS (both iPhone and iPad). Thank you.

4 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I'm not mistaken, ProtonMail has more users than a number of the email providers listed under Settings > Mail App. AND it is the largest (and arguably best) of the explicitly privacy-focused email providers. Since privacy is something Mozilla really, REALLY says it cares about, this one would seem a no-brainer.

Alternative approach: Can Firefox not simply "sense" which email programs are available on a particular device and let us pick our preferred default? If this is technologically feasible (you never know with iOS APIs), this would seem a much more sensible and straightforward approach -- one that wouldn't seem to be picking eight particular (and kind of odd) favorities.

new-dash

I agree, I think the company values of Protonmail and Firefox align nicely.

jakubr
Making moves

Apparently, next release will include it: https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/firefox-ios/issues/7968