cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HulkSmashBurger

Please make Firefox tell Windows not to sleep when it is downloading files. Or perhaps, make this an optional behavior that can be toggled in settings.

4 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Radamanthys

This should be a very basic feature. The only current ways to handle this is to either turn off sleep completely (very wasteful as the download might be done way before you come back to turn off the computer or change the setting back, and also very inconvenient), or to use a third party program that might or might not work.

s427

If I'm not mistaken, Firefox already prevents the computer from going to sleep when you're watching a YouTube video for instance. So it should be feasible for downloads too?

Wildduck

+1

I've got pretty aggressive sleep parameters and it should be a no brainer to have Firefoy prevent the system to enter sleep mode while downloading. It seems to be the behaviour by default of the majority of web browsers so while a toogle settings would be nice, I don't think it would upset a lot of people not to have it, contrary to the people wanting this behaviour since at least a decade if I read the web correctly 😄